Since we are Filipinos, we need to have a Schengen visa before going to Greece. We have certain limitations when it comes to traveling so it takes a lot of planning. Most important thing to have is this visa.
What is a Schengen Visa?
A Schengen visa is a document that you require if you wish to travel to any countries which is part of this agreement. Once you have this, you may enter the Schengen zone and visit as much countries you want within the validity of your visa. The duration of your total stay in Schengen countries shall not exceed 90 days in a period of 6 months, starting from the date of first entry. The Schengen countries are as follows: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
Steps on how to apply for Schengen tourist visa to Greece from Dubai
- If possible, apply your visa 90 days before your scheduled date of arrival in Greece. Click here to check if your nationality requires a visa to enter Greece. We applied our visa by premium lounge appointment to secure a fast visa release. By that time, we are in the process of passport renewal so we have a few days only to apply. Right after we got our passports we booked an online appointment with VFS Global Services.
- Our travel agency AFC Holidays provide us the visa application form (for the purpose of tourism) but you can directly download it on VFS Global website.
- Review the checklist and make sure that you have the requirements ready on the date of your appointment.
Documents required via VFS Global Services
- Completed Visa application form
- Valid for at least 3 months after the intended date of departure from the Schengen area, issued within the previous 10 years and containing at least 2 consecutive blank pages.
- Residence permit (where applicable), must be valid for at least 3 months after the intended date of departure from the Schengen area.
- Photocopies of data page, residence permit and previous Schengen visas are required (in case of a new passport, photocopies of the old passport).
- One (01) recent color photograph
- Not older than 6 months, size 3.5 cm × 4 cm, white background, no head or face cover(s) that prevent(s) full visibility of the facial features.
- Travel medical insurance *got ours for AED 110 from our travel agency
- Covering the entire period of intended stay, valid for all Schengen States, covering any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgency medical attention, emergency hospital treatment or death during your stay (min. coverage €30000).
- Copy of flight ticket or flight reservation, including return flight. If travelling to several Schengen States, itinerary reservation.
- Proof of financial means
- Personal bank account statement for the last 6 months (original, not printed from the internet).
- Salary payslips/certificates for the last 3 months.
- No-objection letter from employer or sponsor
- Stating date of recruitment, position in the company and salary level.
- For self sponsored, valid original trade license and 1 copy.
- Students, proof of enrollment in school or university.
- Minors under the age of 18 travelling without parents, consent of both parents/legal guardian. Either through a notarized certificate or by an authorization signed in front of the visa officer. Copies of both parents’ passports are required. If minor is travelling with one of the parents, the above is required from the parent not travelling.
- Hotel reservation, rental of holiday home.
- When travelling to several Schengen States, proof of lodging for each.
- On visiting family/friends, proof of private accommodation (original invitation) from the host. Where applicable, certificate proving the existence of family relations (marriage certificate or birth certificate)
On the Appointment Day
- Make sure that you have all the required documents as stated in checklist. Be there at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time.
- Present your appointment letter. You will be given a number and will be directed to go to the application room.
- Wait for your number to be called. The VFS employee will check your documents and you will pay at the same window. We chose premium service and paid AED 490 each.
- Visa Fees – AED 240
- Service Fees – AED 100
- Premium Service Fees (Optional Service) – AED 250
- SMS Fees (Optional Service) – AED 5
- Courier (return of passport) Fees Optional Service – AED 30
- You will be directed to the biometric collection room.
- You will be given a receipt with reference number. Keep the receipt as you will need that to collect your passport.
- You may track the status of your application here.
Travel Dates: May 1 to 9
Visa Applied: April 16
Visa Approved: April 20
Kindly note that we’re not connected with VFS Global, please contact them directly if you have questions on Schengen Visa application.