Spending a short holiday in this paradise on earth can look expensive and somewhat impossible. But for someone like us who’s living in the center of the universe – Dubai. Everything is within reach. In just 5 hours by plane, you can have the best time of your life sipping and instagramming that “fashionable” piña colada while gazing on unbelievable views!
Musafir Travel Agency in Dubai
We booked via Musafir, a travel agency situated in Sharjah which I would still recommend for your Maldives vacation but not on Sri Lanka package. I’ve mentioned in my Sri Lanka budget guide post that the tour/driver provided in the country wasn’t good at all. Also in the same post, we learned a valuable lesson in booking via travel agency.
The package booked with them also includes a Sri Lanka 4 days trip.
Cost: AED 3070 per person, includes the following
*The rate provided is after we deducted the cost provided in Sri Lanka package quote
- Airfare via Sri Lankan airlines
- Hotel accommodation (both in 4 star property)
- Transfer by speedboat
- Daily breakfast and dinner
Visa Free Country
Hurray! Maldives is a visa free country.
The accommodation provided by the travel agency was spectacular! Read my review on this 4 star property.
We had a half board meal type which includes daily breakfast and dinner. So our only worry is during lunch time.
- A pizza meal in the island cost $30-$50
- Fine dine in cost us $100
- Beverages will cost you around $2 to $15
- Bar cocktail drinks cost $6 to $15 each
- Wifi charges for $3 to $25, we avail the full day wifi for $25
- Souvenirs like shirts cost $20 to 50. Better to buy in airport which cost $5 lower than the resorts prices.
- Pay for one crab for F1 race, $6
- In total, when we check out, we pay around $350. Spend all you want while in the resort and they will charge it in your room number.
Total Cost Spent for 3 days in Maldives (2 person)
We come up with this budget guide since a lot of our friends/colleagues are asking about our expenses during any trip. So this was created not to brag on it, but to give you an idea of what to expect when in Sri Lanka and help you in budgeting for this type of trip on the month of October.
- Agency Package = AED 6140 (includes airfare, hotel, breakfast and dinner)
- Food and others = AED 1285
Total Cost: AED 7425 (cost for 2 person)