Our trip to Sri Lanka is full of history, culture and nature exploration. The country is physically breathtaking, boasting with countless picturesque green views, ancient temples and rich in culinary heavens. While we spend a limited days in this Asian country we are happily satisfied with the unique experiences this kingdom of nature brought into us.
Read More: Sri Lanka Hidden Gems
Musafir Travel Agency in Dubai
We booked via Musafir because of Google search. It was a travel agency in Sharjah which we never visited as we paid by bank transfer. I’ve sent an email to firstname.lastname@example.org – present on their website. Then Syed accommodated us until 70+ emails. Yes, we are those persistent kinds of clients.
He was prompt and helpful but we faced misunderstanding with the flight dates, chosen hotel and some details missing with the first quote and the quote sent after payment. We exchanged a lot of emails as we want to make sure that we get what we paid for. Learned lesson is to carefully check everything quoted and if possible have all conversations recorded in email so you have sort of evidence in case of confusion.
The final package booked with them also includes a Maldives 3 days trip.
Cost: AED 2250 per person, includes the following
*This was the first quoted price by the travel agency without the Maldives trip
- Airfare via Sri Lankan airlines
- Hotel accommodation in a 4 star
- All transfers
- Service of a guide/driver in Sri Lanka which we got scammed (read why, mentioned in this post)
- Daily breakfast in Sri Lanka
- Kandy and Nuwara Eliya City tour (entrance fees not included)
Application of Sri Lanka Visa
You can apply a Sri Lanka e- visa via this website http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa
- Cost is 20 USD
- Passport and itinerary details needed in filling up the online form
The hotel chosen by the travel agency was great. Read our review for this hotel.
Tour and Fuel Cost
- Pinnawala elephant orphanage entrance fees is $30 per person
- We changed our Colombo City tour to Sigiriya tour and pay additional $100 =13000 rupees for the fuel/changes made
- And of course, the Anura Village tour that cost us another $100. It was supposed to be around 1500-3000 rupees according to tripadvisor reviews
- Entering the Sigiriya park cost $30 per person
Breakfast is included in the hotel booking. We had most of our meals in the hotel and it’s fairly expensive but really tastes good. A meal cost 15-25USD. One lunch happened in the scam Anura village tour and surprisingly tastes good too.
Total Cost Spent for our 4 days in Sri Lanka (2 person)
We’ve come up with this budget guide since a lot of our friends/colleagues are asking about our expenses during any trip. So this was created not to brag on it, but to give you an idea of what to expect when in Sri Lanka and help you in budgeting for this type of trip on the month of October.
- Agency Package = AED 4500 (includes airfare, hotel, tour guide)
- E-Visa = AED 140
- Fuel/Itinerary Change = AED 367
- Tour Cost = AED 588
- Food = AED 500 (estimate)
- Shopping = AED 200 (estimate)
Total Cost: AED 6295 (cost for 2 person, estimated for some points)