Built in 1900 and modernised with creative details, the family-run Hotel and Villa Auersperg located at the heart of Salzburg give us all the feels as soon as we set foot on it. The property simply radiates with a distinct atmosphere that made us wanting not to leave anymore. It was so hard to tell which the most admirable feature was – may it be the beautiful garden, the modern yet timeless room, delicious organic breakfast, one of a kind facilities or the warm hospitality of the staff. If not only for its prime location, we may have chosen to spend our entire day here! Let us take you to our stay experience, Salzburg very own gem in the middle of the city – the Hotel and Villa Auersperg.
The hotel and villa is a great representation of the beautiful city. As soon as we entered the eclectic chic lobby we are instantly astonished by the charming antiques, walnut cabinets, lovely wall decorations, comfortable leather sofas and paintings belonging to the family. Welcomed by a sweet smile from the front desk and swift check-in, our weariness from the journey has been washed away. Every corner of the hotel and villa looks certainly appealing. Clearly, the pleasant ambiance sets the great mood of the guests here.
Entered our room a double room villa where a spacious bright area welcomed us. The hard wood flooring, soft furnishings and neutral colors wall, white linens and absence of frames depict a refined elegance. It’s not only perfect for couples like us but for families too! In such a lovely atmosphere not only leisure travelers but even those who are on a business trip will surely find it relaxing.
The bed is designed to ensure an uninterrupted sleep and we’ve proven it as we woke up very late! 🙂 Another outstanding feature is the walk-in shower with complete high quality bio toiletries, hairdryer, drawers and cupboard doors closed gently. The functional work desk is a certain addition that adds to our convenient since we need to do some blogging. Thanks to the fast connection of the WIFI as we worked with absolute ease.
Other room features are a full HD LCD TV, Tivoli music system, coffee & tea making facilities, telephone, minibar, secured safe.
- A Beautiful Garden – Being in the center of the city, the property has a beautiful garden which is perfect area to escape from Salzburg hustle and bustle. There are sun-loungers which are perfect for reading, lazing under the sun or an afternoon drink. Breakfast can also be spend here 🙂
- A Retro Chic Bar – The lack of a restaurant in the hotel and villa wasn’t a problem for us as it has a retro chic bar serving light snacks like homemade soups and Austrian antipasti specialties. Did I mention that they used mainly organic products? The bar is open from 7 until midnight.
- Organic Breakfast – You might be tired of the free breakfast inclusion in a lot of hotels so the property made sure to change this notion as they served local produce, fresh and organic ones in an exquisite breakfast buffet. Variety of cold meats, cheeses, spreads, cereals, fruit, juices, bread and cakes are some options. They also offer vegan or lactose-free breakfast. Breakfast is served in the spacious dining room or outside terrace when weather is bearable.
- A Rooftop Spa – Imagine yourself having a spa with sauna and steam room on a rooftop surrounded by beautiful landscape of greens and nature. Need I say more?
- Yoga – For yoga buffs this is the right place for you! The hotel and villa offers Yoga classes every Wednesday at 7:30 am.
- Relaxing Massages – To ease your tired bodies from exploring the city, they also offer treatment massages.
- Meeting Rooms – They also have available meeting rooms perfect for business travelers.
- Running Trails – The property doesn’t have a fitness studio but it’s not a problem as they have great running trails right in front of their hotel doors! And if you don’t feel like running, they have bikes available.
Staff and Service
Apart from the outstanding facilities what made our stay experience truly unforgettable was the kind and highly motivated team of the hotel and villa. The excellent service, attention to detail and commitment from the reception, housekeeping, bar, dining and spa areas are highly commendable. We greatly appreciate the professional service and warm hospitality all throughout our stay.
As mentioned earlier, the hotel and villa is strategically located near the main attractions of the city. In just 5 minutes you can shop along the Linzer Gasse, visit the historic Mirabell Palace, or have a beer at Salzburg’s famous beer garden, Die Weisse.
We spent less than 2 days in Salzburg and here are the attractions nearby the Hotel and Villa Auersperg that you can visit by foot. I’ll be sharing a detailed guide with Google maps, walking directions, timings, everything that would be helpful when we completed our month long travel.
Google map directions here.
Salzburg’s Old Town – 14 mins.
Mozart’s Birthplace – 1 min.
Old Marketplace – 2 mins.
Mönchsberg – 12 mins.
Google map directions here.
Mirabell Palace – 8 mins.
Residenzplatz – 14 mins.
Salzburg Cathedral – 2 mins.
Mozartplatz Square – 3 mins.
Salzburg Fortress – 11 mins.
The price as of 2017 as provided in their website, a single room starts from € 125, a double room from € 155, a superior room is from € 175 and a suite starts from € 235. All prices are on a per night basis. Check their website for a detailed pricing. We would advise you to book directly on their website as there are a lot of benefits.
The Hotel and Villa Auersperg is truly a gem in the middle of Salzburg. With its laid back yet modern and elegant rooms, high end and quality facilities, beautiful garden, rooftop spa, organic offerings which is unusual for an accommodation and most the highly motivated team that made our stay experience unforgettable, we can genuinely recommend the leisure and business travelers to try this property. We assure you, the only problem you’ll have here is finding yourself not wanting to leave anymore. Thank you so much for an awesome stay Auersperg team! 🙂
HOTEL & VILLA AUERSPERG
*We were guests of this property, but as always all views and opinions are entirely our own.