Love BBQ? I guess everyone does. We can never resist a barbeque feast especially when we are talking on a free flow basis. Brunch buffet in Dubai are one of the best things ever, and you should never feel guilty for treating yourself to a well-deserved spread. Last weekend we went for a Friday brunch at Jigsaw restaurant of Avani hotel in Deira, the first section we checked out? The spread of BBQ!
Given our last visit at Jigsaw during an Asian themed buffet dinner, it was in the evening so we never really see the restaurant in bright lights. It was a totally different ambiance – sunlit room with a lively atmosphere 🙂 I was surprised to see that the place is already busy at 1:00 pm, a lot of hungry diners are already seated! The brunch starts at 12:30 and ends at 4pm fyi. It was a lovely start of our afternoon brunch – chitchats and laughter plus the friendly staff to welcome you.
Why is it an Unusual Brunch?
This is not your typical BBQ cooked outside, the BBQ live cooking stations are indoors and inside the air-conditioned room! Don’t worry guys, it’s totally safe and fun to watch 🙂
Food and Menu
Jigsaw Friday brunch not only serves delicious authentic BBQ selection but international taste too! Moroccan chicken tagine, prime ribs slow cooked for 24 hours and grilled seafood choices are present too. These are the menu choices present during the Friday BBQ brunch, I carefully noted down most options so you’ll have an idea on what to indulge on your visit 🙂
- Cream of chicken and miso soup
Appetizers and Salads
- Mixed cold cuts platter, baba ganoush, Thai papaya salad, fish escabeche, grilled vegetable, glass noodles with beef salad, red kidney beans, chicken terrine with apricot chutney, tomato mozzarella with beetroot roll, beetroot gazpacho, octopus vendie, cous cous with lamb salad, pasta with chicken salad, asparagus with egg salad, hummus, fennel with smoked salmon platter, seaweed with tofu salad, pomelo seafood salad with coconut
The amount of available appetizers and salads during the brunch is already pleasing and actually made us full by simply looking at it :p There’s a salad making station too. My favorites were the fish escabeche, grilled vegetable and fennel with salmon platter while the husband is not really on salads so he didn’t taste any :p
- Pasta, meat and seafood barbeque, corn meal based batter, red wine anise braised shallots, mushroom toasts, chilli corn carne, beef goulash penne and cheese, green asparagus, chopped egg with tomato cubes, corn on the cub, baked sweet potato, turkey bacon wrapped jalapenos, Moroccan chicken tagine, fried fish with chilli corianders, Chinese fried rice.
With the mains, I like the turkey bacon wrapped, corn meal based batter, shallots, the beef goulash penne cheese, pasta and all BBQ options 🙂 While the husband liked the rice of course partnered with chicken tagine and grilled seafood where he ate like 6 shrimps which can caused allergy on him if not fresh! The seafood are really fresh since he didn’t get itchy after! 🙂
- There’s fruit cake, mix berry crumble, raspberry mille feuille, strawberry mint salad, fruits platter, mango mousse cake, tarts, and the stars for kids and kid at heart like us 🙂 – chocolate fountain and crepes!
- For families with kids, there’s a separate section for them where my husband also spoiled himself! :p There’s ice cream, popcorn, nachos, fries and spaghetti bolognese.
- Bread and cheese section are also available. And wagyu beef!!! Sorry if I sound a bit too excited here as their wagyu beef is so soft and heavenly tasty! According to the chef, it was slow cooked 24 hours.
Staff and Service
All staff at Jigsaw restaurant are very attentive, helpful and what we liked most – warm and friendly. From the moment we entered until we stepped out of the hotel and restaurant, we felt very welcome. Every staff knows their job well and even exceed beyond what you expect from them. The Chefs are accommodating to guest questions about the food. They’re even game for photo ops! :p Thanks Chef Kevin and the rest of the cook from the live stations. The servers made sure our table are always clean, if we like more juice/softdrinks, if our glass of water are refilled. And all of these are done with willingness and a happy face. Thank you so much Ms. Gloria and Ms. Candy for a lovely brunch 🙂
Value for Money
The good news here is that you can also enjoy a lovely Friday BBQ brunch buffet for only AED 145 with soft beverages and AED 195 with house beverages. With the delicious wide spread selection of BBQ and international cuisines, the price of the buffet brunch at Jigsaw are cheaper compared to other BBQ brunches in Dubai. After having a BBQ feast, we’re not surprised why it was busy last Friday 🙂
You may call +9714 601 3952 or email email@example.com
Avani Deira Dubai Hotel
Corner Abu Baker Al Siddique and Sallahudin Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Follow them on Facebook for updates, hotel and dining special offers.
*We were invited by Avani Hotel. However, all opinions are our own.