Paris is known to be one of the expensive cities to travel. Surprisingly, there are lots of free things to do in the city of lights and staying in a comfortable and good location place is not really expensive. Upon searching a budget hostel, HipHop hostel and hotel properties keep on showing up. No wonder why, they have over 15 properties in Paris! And with our chosen dates, Arty hostel – the gem of the 15th arrondissement is available.
Looking from the outside, the first thing we noticed was the attractive black facade which displays quirky messages that made us wanting to go inside as soon as we can! When we walked in, a lovely lady named Monia greeted us and made us feel more than welcome. While checking in, I have enough time to glance at the reception. It seems like every single details in this hostel are smartly designed – the wooden desk, the large windows, black tiles, green walls or even the clocks! Everything looks new, modern and artsy.
Entering our private double room, we can’t help but rave on how beautiful it is! The pop of yellow color was sleekly designed along with the black and turquoise wall. The contemporary design and soft bed calls for ultimate comfort and relaxation. It was an intimate space for couples like us. The bathroom comes with complete toiletries is quite small but it was enough and functional for us.
Other rooms available in the hostel are a private twin room, a room for 3 people, 4 bed female dormitory room and mixed dorm. I’m pretty sure you can find the suitable room for you or with your families or friends.
It seems like Arty hostel is greatly designed to give the most convenient services to its guests. The following are the facilities available in the hostel.
- Lobby Designed for Leisure time – At the end of the day, after visiting places in the city, it was so good to blend with co-travelers and share experiences in the lobby’s soft lounge chairs. There’s a table football, a huge TV, board games and more entertainment gears to enjoy your leisure time.
- Free WI-FI – Thanks to the strong WI-FI connection in every corner, I’m able to post on our social media accounts and chat with my family.
- Computer in the lobby – If you haven’t brought your laptop and have some work to do, you may use their computer at all times.
- Booking taxis / airport shuttles – It was so easy to ask the accommodating staff if you need a taxi or airport shuttle.
- Breakfast – We felt like real Parisians with the breakfast options in this hostel, croissants, hot chocolates, bread and butter. You know the typical and delicious French breakfast.
- Kitchen – Best thing about a hostel is that you can cook at their functional kitchen which is equipped with complete cooking appliances.
- 24h Reception – I like that their reception is available 24 hours. As you’d know, when you travel, you just don’t notice the time and sometimes end up staying very late outside.
- Tourist Assistance – City guides and maps are available at no cost. Also their multilingual staffs are very friendly to answer every question you have in mind.
- Free Luggage Storage Service – If you still have time to explore Paris and don’t like to bring your luggage, these guys will take care of it at no cost.
- Secured Lockers – Valuable items can be stored in their safes either in the reception or in rooms.
- Iron and hairdryer – Just ask the reception if you need these guys.
- Room cleaning – Thanks to the housekeeping staff for keeping our room clean every day. The price of their rooms includes daily room cleaning service.
Staff and Service
The hospitality and service in Arty is superb! From the moment they received us until the check-out time, we saw the staff work dedication and great love of their city. The multilingual hostel staff even offered us ticket purchases for the city’s main tourist sites which are the best rates we’ve encountered! Also it helped us to avoid the queues. They are more than willing to help you with anything that you might need – travel tips, sharing those off the beaten paths, fun stories. And all are available 24/7! Thank you so much guys! We’ll definitely return one day 🙂
With location in central Paris lively, quintessentially 15th arrondissement and only 10 minutes from Porte de Vanves station on line 13, the Arty hostel is strategically convenient for travelers who preferred using the metro to navigate the city. The hostel is a block away from the well-connected bus stop so make sure to ask the staff on information about bus tickets. Buses take you to Gare Montparnasse in 10 minutes or St-Germain des Prés and The Louvre in about 20 minutes.
5 Minutes Walk
10 Minutes Walk
20 Minutes Walk
The private double room cost €167.80 for 2 nights on May 5-7, 2017 given that we stayed on a high season. Certainly, prices vary depending on the season. But still it’s a budget option as you’re staying in one of the most traveled city in the world. Prices are exceptionally low if staying with friends in a dorm which we found with the same facilities and quirky too when we tour around the hostel. It starts from €17.50 per night! Also, there’s a special discount if you booked directly in their website.
Comfortable, affordable and accessible are 3 words to describe the Arty hostel. When we traveled, it’s all we need for a relaxed stay experience. So it’s really a bonus for us to have such modern and functional facilities. Most of all the service and hospitality of the staff here surely made our stay to become an unforgettable one 🙂 Thank you guys!
Arty Hotel & Hostel
*We were guests of the hostel, but as always all views and opinions are entirely our own.