This post is applicable for Filipinos with valid UAE residency who wants to apply a Turkish visa. Focus will be for the application of tourist visa for Philippine Passport holders. If you’re studying, working, marrying, or visiting family, I’m sure there’s a whole other bunch of stuff you need to prepare. Please check with the embassy.
I must say that it was by far the most difficult visa processing we’ve ever done. Let us share the experience with you or to whoever is planning to apply one to avoid experiencing the same.
Our original plan was to travel on December 2 to 6, 2015. It was an official UAE holiday on 2 and 3 so this would be the perfect time to apply a short leave. We knew that we need to secure a visa on visiting the country. We tried to book an appointment online but it was full for the next 6 months! Without a confirmed online appointment, we visited the Turkish Consulate in Dubai bringing all the required documents. We tried our luck and reach the consulate at 6:30 AM but it was still closed so we waited for an hour.
The consulate opens by 8:30 AM but there’s a security officer who checks the documents by 7:30 AM. The security officer informed us that we need a confirmed online appointment! We told him that the schedule is full for the next 6 months and he said there’s a slight problem on the system yet he told us we need to book. How can we book if there’s a problem on the system? He advised to come on November 29 and he will help to secure an appointment, he writes our name on the list – a paper with written names of applicants.
Desperate as we are, we came on the said date only to find out that the officer is off duty! We tried calling him and he was not picking up his phone. I wanna cry out of dismay. By 8:30 AM, the consulate staff informed everyone about the problem on their system is due to the vast applications they received for the past months, it will be working only after December 7. So a lot of applicants including ourselves complained but we got nothing to do, we’re helpless. Everyone ended up re-booking everything, from ticket, hotel booking and itinerary. Hello additional fees! What an awful day at the Turkish consulate 🙁
Lessons and Tips I’ve learned from Applying a Tourist visa
- If you plan to travel on a holiday, secure your visa at least 3 weeks before your expected travel dates
- Plan everything, from visa, hotel, ticket and itinerary at least 3 months before your desired dates
- Don’t be a compulsive traveler, if that’s the right term that you can call us. It was an unplanned vacation which ended up the most costly travel ever because of the rebooking fees! Haha
Requirements/Steps to prepare before visiting the Turkish Consulate
So before making an appointment online, you must have your passport details, an itinerary in mind. How long you’ll be staying there, where you’ll be staying, specific address is required when you’re filling in the application form and the dates of your travel.
- Book an appointment online via this website. It is in Turkish, so you have to enable the Google translator.
- After completing the online form, you must receive the selected appointment details on your email. Download the visa form generated after filling up the online form.You may also download the visa form here and fill up manually.
- Bring the following documents on your appointment date:
- Completed Application Form
- Original passport (must be valid for at least 6 months during the time of application)
- Copy of passport and UAE residence visa
- Two 5cm x 6cm photos with white background
- Copy of roundtrip ticket and hotel reservation
- NOC from company or sponsor
- Salary certificate
- 3 months bank statement (original)
- Application fee of AED 225 (bring an exact amount)
- On your appointment date, arrive at least 15 minutes before your time to get a token number.
- Hand over your documents to the consulate officer and as expected, they told us to collect our passports using the same token number after 4 days only.
Travel Dates: December 31, 2015 to January 4, 2016
Visa Applied: December 9, 2015
Visa Approved: December 13, 2015
- Turkish Consulate is located at the 8th floor of World Trade Center Building.
- The Consulate opens at 8:30 am.
- Turkish Visa collection starts from 1 – 2 pm on your appointed collection date.
I guess if only we applied on the right time, we will never experience the big hassle we went through. Surely, with a secure appointment date, right documents and exact fees, it will be as easy as counting 1-2-3.
Hope our experience will guide you on your Turkish visa application.